REALLY just wanna take this chance to remind the people who follow me to not kill/trap opossums if they’re in your yard, and do not call animal control! Seriously.
- Opossums are
literally 100% BIOLOGICALLY INCAPABLE of carrying rabiesthe most rabies resistant mammal in the world, and the chances of an opossum having it/infecting you or a pet with it is slim to none. Their body temperature is too cool to incubate it properly. Sorry for the false info on the first go around.
- Opossums are actually quite gentle and NOCTURNAL, so if they’re roaming, they’ve probably gotten lost, been injured, and are looking for a place to hide.
- Young opossums tend to try to climb into garbage cans when they’re starving. This is because THEY ARE LITERALLY STARVING. Don’t fucking shoot them or hit them with things because you wanna be some fucking macho top-of-the-food-chain cocksucker.
- Mama possums are amazing mothers and if you encounter an “aggressive” opossum, it’s probably because she’s got babies hanging off her nipple and she’s freaking out. They’re clumsy. Sometimes they don’t hear you coming and you catch each other off guard.
- Wanna lure an opossum off of your property? You can set up a box with some greens and cat kibble in it, hide it well, and lure them out that way. They’re actually quite harmless and keep other predators away. they eat lotsa gross stuff.
- Opossum mamas who get hit by cars often still have their helpless babies attached to them. Possums get a bad rep and people say they are “the dumbest animal”, but they are incredible creatures who have been around since the days of fucking dinosaurs so treat them well, okay?
McDonalds recently went on a hiring binge in the U.S., adding 62,000 employees to its roster. The hiring picture doesn’t look quite so rosy for Europe, where the fast food chain is drafting 7,000 touch-screen kiosks to handle cashiering duties.
The future of the $15 minimum wage.
Cowards making progress in an age of worshipping technohaulics. No surprise here.
Stop eating fast food. Stop yearning for fast everything.
I like fast food and I like technology, carrier pigeons and people are both very unreliable for mail and ordering food.
Don’t be such a luddite. We’re phasing out low skill jobs, which is actually how things should go.
I’ll drag my knuckles if I want to and no one is going to tell me otherwise. The way it is supposed to go is: employ people. The way progress goes according to capitalism, as we can see by how cars used to and are now made, is use people until you find a cheaper means of production. That’s economic liberalism for you: valuing output and profit over sustenance, community, and fairness.
Well then let’s just go back to the dark ages. Everyone had jobs then!
Of course we also had plagues, died at young ages, and never had any free time to pursue any personal hobbies or interests, few people were educated, and generally things sucks.
But we had communities and everyone was employed! That’s the real best way to live, clearly!
Capitalism reduces the need for unskilled labor and long work weeks. So yes, things will suck for the unskilled laborer until they get more skills to get a better job. When they do they will be paid more and therefore not have to work as many hours to support themselves, leaving them more free time for pleasurable pursuits or to gain new skills to get a BETTER job where they will work even fewer hours.
But clearly the dark ages were better for everyone, without all that pesky technology.
I tend to not comment on a celebrity death (besides Robbin Williams cause well… Robbin Williams) but going through the Joan Rivers tag is exhausting.
I think it’s funny that the same people that are saying she was not a feminist call Beyoncé a feminist…
For the love of everything that is holy people… Get your heads out of your asses.
I didn’t like Joan Rivers. And when she died I didn’t get why anyone would care. She said some horrible things and worse, complained about how other people dressed.
Then I got educated.
She was a groundbreaking stand up comedian helping to blow doors open in the 60’s. Whether or not you thought…